Friday 20 February 2009

turnaround time...

Thinking about this week, I feel that things have turned around quite considerably - I have been feeling more positive and therefore have engaged with the task more readily (helped by good interactions with the group!)

I am also feeling more confident and competent in the VLE (although I still find the system a bit clunky and hard to follow).

On reflection, I get the impression that alot of my experiences recently have been related to differing parts of a whole that I did not grasp, ie competence using the 'blackboard' system and extensions to this such as blogs and wikis; familiarity with the subject (although there are comparisons with F2F environments, they are different); my ability to develop realtionships with others I cannot 'see'; perceived level of support from tutors; and so on.

What I have learned is that, once I have broken down the whole into its constituent parts, I need to find a way of drawing them together in a meaningful way to make sense of how I can best contribute to a task.

I guess the next question is 'How effective is my contribution to the group task'? Well, only time will tell, so, until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment