Monday 9 February 2009

busy times...

...I have been considering my progress in the online tutoring course over the weekend. I am becoming more confident using the blackboard system (although not necessarily more proficient!) and am beginning to see how the VLE could be used in respect of my current teaching. I am however, finding it hard to keep up with all the postings so far - there seems to be a deluge very time I log on.

Having said that, the group work aspect of the programme this week does feel more civilized and managable. This has come at a busy time (as does everything, I guess) as I'm running an intentsive communication skills course in the classroom for the rest of the week which is very time consuming (not to mention emotionally draining) owing to the nature of the content.

I'll certainly be reflecting on how the virtual learning environment might be used to effect in respect of face-to-face communication skills training which involves professional actors and role play - I feel the inexorable march towards a blended approach continues...

1 comment:

  1. Hi John,
    It's Alec from the Oxford Online course - Green Group! I like your layout and you express some good points. You are certainly busy. I am just dafting a message to our Green Group, so I will dash now and finish it off. Bye for now. Alec in Hull

    ReplyDelete