Sunday 22 February 2009

assessing my contribution

This week I have been feeling more engaged with programme (as I commnented on in my last entry). I certainly feel I have been able to input more directly and positively, learning how to use a wiki in the process - another first for me!

Part of this has been, for me, the more apparent feedback from the group as we have proceded through the week - a more direct dialogue has been helpful in boosting my confidence, but perhaps my increased confidence with the system has helped too - I have felt more able to post comments (and more promtly) and proactively edit the group work, rather than simply offer comments. (I know I added 2 slides to last weeks group work which were in the final draft, but on reflection, I would have to say that was a relatively passive experience).

I guess there is an issue of cause and effect here that reminds me of 'the chicken and the egg' scenario, but I have no wish to get bogged down into which came first. Although usually I am more interested in the process, on this occasion, the result as discussed above, is much more important. In short, I feel much happier with things at this point - hopefully, week 4 will continue in this vein...

No comments:

Post a Comment